Turkey Or Chicken A Lo CubanoBack
- 50g turkey fat
- 2 onion, small, finely chopped
- 100g button mushrooms
- 20g flour
- 300ml milk
- 150ml chicken stock
- 450g turkey or chicken meat, cooked and diced
- 100g cooked or canned sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped or 1 pinch channeye red chilli pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Total time required 25-30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Heat the turkey fat or butter in a saucepan, add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the flour.
- Stir over a low heat for 2-3 minutes; then gradually blend in the milk and stock.
- Bring the liquid to the boil and continue stirring until a smooth sauce.
- Add the diced turkey, sweetcorn, cream and salt and pepper.
- If possible, allow the mixture to stand for a while so that the flavours blend together.
- Reheat gently for about 7-8 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper and parsley and serve with cooked rice, pasta or new potatoes.