Beef & Tomato Tortilla StackBack
A some pizza style recipe that anyone will love and takes 30 minutes to cook with beef mince, tortillas, a tomato-based sauce and grated cheese.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion , peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
- 6 flour tortillas
- 100g grated cheddar
- 1 can red kidney beans
- Total time required 30 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C/400°F.
- Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the mince, onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes until brown. Add the paprika, canned tomatoes, tomato purée, Worcestershire or brown sauce. Season.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir through the coriander.
- Place a tortilla on a large non-stick baking tray and spoon over a portion of the mince mixture evenly and a handful of cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts. Cut into quarters and serve with salad leaves and a soured cream dip.