Cuban Cardio Spicy Vegetable and Egg SoupBack
Cuban Cardio Spicy Vegetable and Egg Soup (serves two)
This soup is full of goodness, lots of vitamins and fibre from the vegetables and the protein from the egg. Veggies are naturally low in calories and the protein in the egg will keep you full for longer.
You will need:
- 2 medium carrots
- half a medium broccoli, don't waste the stalk, peel and use
- 4 spring onions
- 8 baby plum tomatoes
- 1 whole green or red chilli
- 1 tblsp of tomato puree' (optional)
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- 2 medium eggs
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots. Wash the broccoli and cut into small florets. Peel the stalk and chop into small cubes.
- Peel and chop the spring onion. Half the plum tomatoes. Chop the green chilli.
- Place all vegetables into a large enough pot and add water to cover the vegetables. Add the chicken stock cube and the tomato puree if you are using it.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are really soft.
- Take the pot off the heat and blend all vegetables into a creamy soup with a hand blender.
- Place the pot back on the heat on a low setting, crack both eggs in and allow them to poach in the soup, cover with a lid.
- The soup is ready when the egg yolks have cooked to a creamy consistency and the egg whites are totally cooked, about 3-5 min.
Yummy and good for you!