Super Food Improve Your PerformanceBack
Do you hear that? The sound of Marvin Gaye crooning “Let’s Get it On” loud enough to set the mood, but not too loud. Yeah, you know what I’m saying. Well you’re going to need more than a 4 minute HIIT training song to get the job done; you’re going to need the proper fuel. The Food has long been used to increase sexual desire, amigo a healthy pour of rum Havana club never hurt, but did you know there are foods that can actually improve your performance? UHHH amigo Take Tiger Penis, for example, it has traditionally been ingested to improve male virility.
Don’t have any tiger penis in the pantry? Don’t worry here at cuban cardio are a few slightly less “traditional” foods that will all but ensure you a successful session between the sheets.
- Drink a pomegranate juice spritzer. A recent study published in the International Journal of Impotence Research and performed at the Male Clinic in Beverly Hills (yes, they’re both real!) found that pomegranate juice, like POM Wonderful, had a positive effect on erectile dysfunction. Pomegranate has been linked with antioxidants that support blood flow. Just be sure to water your juice down a bit: One cup of POM Wonderful has 31 grams of sugar.
- Eat pesto. Pine nuts are full of zinc, and women with higher levels of zinc in their system have been shown to have a higher sex drive than those with lower levels. (Or try oysters, though we find slurping spaghetti far sexier.)
Libido Booster gentlemen
- Wind down your date with watermelon. Watermelon has even more lycopene than tomatoes, and lycopene rivals Viagra in its ability to relax blood vessels and improve circulation to certain, ahem, areas of the body. Try Jamba Juice’s Wildly Watermelon Whirl’n frozen yogurt as a post date dessert only 180 calories and made from real watermelon juice.
A Libido Booster ladies
- It turns out all those Starbucks daters may be on to something coffee may just be the best libido booster around. It contains a stimulant that has been shown (in animal studies) to put females in the mood. Grab a cappuccino and brace yourself for a long, lucky night.
A Libido Booter for all
- A 2004 study of Italian women and their chocolate eating habits found that women who regularly nibbled on cocoa wanted and enjoyed sex more than women who barely touched the stuff. This may be because chocolate increases both serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain, making us happy and lowering our stress levelboth “mood” boosters, if you know what I mean. Another theory is that cocoa increases blood flow through the arteries and relaxes blood vesselssending blood to all the right regions. Whatever the reason, chocolate is never a bad thing. Try sharing a bar of Ghirardelli’s Intense Dark Midnight Reverieeven the name sounds sexy, and it’s made of 90% cocoa, good for your love life and your heart.