Eat Better Keep healthyBack
Chincken pinapple & potato
preparation: -25 minutes/1:25h cook /serve 6
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thight fillets, thickly sliced
- 154g pack cooks ingredients diced pancetta
- 1 onion diced
- 2 leeks,trimmed, washed and very thing chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 springs thyme
- 300g pack essential cup mushrooms chopped
- 250 mi chicken stock
- 4-6 pinapple slices
- 3 medium potatoes stair fries buttered kale to serve
- preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4, warm the oli in a large ovenproof caserole overa medium heat. cook the chicken for about 5 minutes, until get golden, them keep in to a plate.
- add the pancetta and fry for 2 minutes, then add the onion, leeks, bay, thyme,and mushrooms, then fry strring for 5 minutes until the vegetables have soften, keep stir in flour season and regularly stir in the stock, add the chicken to the pan, bring to the boil and bover to bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- peel the potateos and pinapples slice them very thin and overlapping add on top of the chicken
- then add the lid back on the and bake in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- remove the lidand bake for another 30 minutes, rosting while is cooking, ensure the chicken is cooked well and serve with buttered kale.
- 25g fat
- 6g saturated salt
- 20g carb
- 3g sugars
- 3g fibres
- 35g proteins
- 1g salt per serving
Baked chicken with feta
preparation -40 minutes/serves 4-6
- 250g orzo pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oli
- 1 red onion diced
- 500g mushroom diced
- squeeze of one lemon juice
- 200g spinach
- 200ml tub half fat creme fraiche
- 50g feta crumbled
- preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4, cook the orzo according to the instruction pack, drain and set aside
- heat the oil in a large pan an add the onion, cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat to soften, and then add the chicken and cook for the a futher 5 mintes to seal.
- seasson and then increase the heat, add the chives and mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 minutes, squeeze in the lemon juice and add the spinach leaves for the last minutes to wilt
- remove teh pan from teh heat and tip the cooked orzo into the chicken mixture, then stir in the creme fraiche
- transfer into a baking dish and dot over the feta.
- bake for 20 minutes, until the top is rosted golden and all is piping hot.
- ensure the chicken is cooked well visible.
- 11.7g fat
- 35g saturatedfat
- 30g carb/3g sugar
- 2.1 fibres
- 35g protein
- 0.5g salt/90pg folic acid per serving
Tuna & mango salad
preparation-20 minutes/ serves 2-4
- 240g pack yellowfin 2 tuna steaks
- 1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 small ripe mango peeled and stoned
- 1 ripe avoacdo peeled
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1/2x28g pack coriender leaves chopped
- 1 small red chilli desseded and finely sliced juice of 1 lime 1/2x90g bag wild rocket leaves
- coat the tuna with the sesame oil and season, heat a gridle and sear the steaks for 3-5 minutes, depending on the liking, then dry the sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes until rosted or toasted, not burning them.
- dice the mangos flesh into a bowl, repeat the same with the avocado,
- add the onion, corriander, chilli and lime juice, and toss gently together.
- serve the stakes on the rocket leaves. topped with the mango mixture and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- 20g fat
- 4g saturated fat
- 2g carb
- 10g sugars
- 5g fibres
- 35-40g protein
- 0.2g salt per serving