Which diet is healthiest? Report 2015 ranks popular plans
- The DASH diet, rich in vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy, has been named the best overall diet for the fifth consecutive year, outpacing Weight Watchers and the Mediterranean diet.
It may not be exciting, but the healthiest diet is one focused on fruits, vegetables and whole grains, experts say. DASH, which was developed to lower blood pressure without medication, was also chosen by a panel of health experts as the top diabetes diet and the best plan for healthy eating. Weight Watchers retained the No. 1 spot as the best diet for weight loss, followed by the HMR (Healthy Management Resources) low-calorie, meal-replacement plan and others, which offers prepared meals to drop excess pounds.
- "The DASH diet has been our top diet overall for five years now and this is the fifth year we are evaluating and ranking diets,"by senior health and wellness editor News & World Report.
- "the experts, who rate these diets for us, say it will end up being very good for your waistline, in addition to your high blood pressure, because it is such a common-sense, balanced diet,
The TLC (Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes) diet, which is designed to lower levels of cholesterol, came in second in the best overall category, followed by the Mediterranean diet, Weight Watchers and the Mayo Clinic Diet, which each tied for third place. At the opposite end of the scale is the Paleo Diet, which focuses on meat, fish and vegetables, and the four phase Dukan Diet, tied for last place.
- "The Paleo Diet never does well in our rankings," said specialists , adding both are restrictive eating plans.
- Weight Watchers, based on a point system assigned to foods, and the Mediterranean Diet, with its emphasis on vegetables and olive oil, were deemed the easiest diets to follow. Many experts in diet, nutrition, obesity, heart disease, diabetes and food psychology ranked 35 eating plans to compile the list.
- They looked at sample menus and published medical studies to rate of top diets overall as well as the best for weight loss, diabetes, heart disease and the easiest to follow.
The cuban cardio provide you with all the facts, comprehensively, in the hope that you all can make the best decision for yourself, but some reports selected the Ornish Diet, which is focused on fruits, vegetables and grains, as the top heart healthy diet, along with TLC and DASH. what is your opinion ? also read nurtrion best diet plan here at cubancardio.com.