Zumba is a fitness program based on dance moves created during the 1990s by a Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto ‘Beto’ Perez. Zumba has elements of dance and aerobics. The choreographies involve moves from different Latin rhythms such as salsa, merengue, samba, rumba, mambo, tango, flamenco, chachacha, axe’ and reggaeton but also hip-hop and soca.
- If you are thinking this is a dance class…..think again! It Is a Party!
- The perfect combination of fun and fitness has made Zumba classes a world-wide phenomenon. Over 15 million people are taking a Zumba class around the world every day.
Come and join the Party!
Although it is based on dance moves and choreographies, this class will not only make you burn calories fast, it will challenge your balance, your agility, your coordination and your reflex like no other. The vibe and energy that fills the class will be an experience you have never felt before. No one will judge you on your ability to move your feet, just have fun and feel the music!
There is a Zumba class for all taste, just find the one that suits you best.
Zumba as already described:
- Zumba Gold for the over 50s with the same music but the choreography is adapted to the over 50s needs to help them build strength, improve motion and posture, and socialize.
- Zumba Step tones and defines glutes and legs combining Zumba moves with step aerobics.
- Zumba Toning involves Zumba moves and music using toning sticks. This program targets abs, arms, thighs and other muscles of the body adding a weight and toning element to the traditional Zumba class.
- Zumba Strong Burst has high intensity training elements and all the fun of a traditional Zumba class. This class is aimed for those that crave extra ( intense) challenges and results.
- Aqua Zumba is Zumba in a swimming pool. The instructor demonstrates the moves from the poolside while the participants follow in the shallow water
- Zumba Kids is a class designed for children between the ages of 4 and 12.
- Zumba Sentao is Zumba using a chair. Some moves are performed sitting down.
- Zumba Chair is aimed for people unable to stand but able to move arms and legs or for the older population.
To join the fun and for more information contact us www.cubancardio.com