Valentine WorkoutCuban Cardio day 1 workout
I. Warm Up Treadmill 5 minutes
- Is a great way to maintain cardiovascular fitness and is also one of the most natural ways of improving fitness levels and weight loss.
- Attach the safety clip to your waistband if available.
- Select a manual program and press the Start button. The belt will begin moving at a walking pace. Use the speed plus and minus buttons to change the speed to your desired pace.
- Use the incline buttons to adjust the angle of the slope. and incline levels
- Alternatively, select a preset program if available the treadmill will automatically change the speed and incline settings during the program.
- To stop your warm up workout slow the speed down to a slow walking pace and press the Pause Stop button.
- Allow the belt to come to a stop before getting off the machine or stepping onto the footrails.
II. Rowing machine 5 minutes
- Is a great way to maintain cardiovascular fitness and improves muscle strength and tone as it uses all the major muscle groups in your body.
- Sit on the seat and strap your feet into the foot plates.
- Lean forward and grab the handle using an overhand grip, palms facing the floor.
- Extend your arms until they straighten and then lean your body forward.
- Bend your knees, sliding the seat slightly forward as the handle clears your knees.
- Push against the foot plate while maintaining straight arms and keeping your upper body near vertical. As your legs are close to being straight, lean your upper body slightly backward.
- Pull the hands back toward the abdomen.
- Finish by extending your legs fully.
- Repeat the motion movement with pace and correct form until complete 5 minutes.
Squats Bodyweights: Weight (kg) 0 body-weights / Reps 15-20/ Rest 10 (sec ) / Time (3 set).
- Very good exercise for beginners to start with before going on to more advanced squats
- Standing in a hip width position with your arms at your sides, engage your core and slowly lower yourself down into a squatting position.
- Keep your hips backwards and knees not going over your toes until you are almost in a sitting position with your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Pause and push back up through your heels to the starting position and repeat.
- Avoid: Allowing your knees to come past your toes
- Make sure you: Embrace your core throughout the whole exercise
- Options to increase progression:use the Bosu, medicine ball, kettlebell or light dumbbell.
Dumbbell Side Lunge: Weight (kg) 0 Body-weights / Reps 15-20 / Rest 10 (secs ) / Time (3 set )
- Very good exercise for building leg strength and also good for core and back strengthening.
- Stand with your feet in a hip-width position and hands holding onto two dumbbells down by your hips.
- Engage your core and slowly step out to the side with your right foot and bend your knee keeping the left leg straight. Have the dumbbells in the middle of your torso reaching down to the floor. Pause and push of your right foot back to the starting position.
- Repeat with your right leg leading
- Avoid: Bending both legs
- Make sure you: embrace the core throughout the exercise and keep the back straight.
- Options to increase progression: Twist side to side, use the bosu, medicine ball, kettlebell, or light dumbbell.
Kneeling Press-Up: Weight (kg) 0 body-weights/ Reps 10-15/ Rest 10 (secs) Time (3 set)
- A basic but good way to start building your chest Size and strength, also a good core exercise.
- Starting in the press up position with your knees on the floor and feet crossed and raised behind you and Have your hands shoulder width apart on the floor.
- Slowly lower your chest down towards the floor keeping your core tight and hips in line with the rest of your body. Pause about three inches above the floor and push yourself upwards to the starting press position and repeat.
- Avoid: Leading with your hips or kinking them upwards
- Make sure you: Keep your head in a neutral position
- Options to increase Progresion: Full press up, legs or hands over the bosu, medicine ball, kettlebell, dumbbell.
Barbell Flat Bench Weight (kg) 0 Body-weights/ Reps 10-15/ Rest 10 (secs) / Time (3 set)
- One of the best exercises for building your chest size and strength. Simple but very effective.
- Lay flat on your back on a level bench with your hands grasping the barbell above you. Use an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulders.
- Taking the weight of the bar slowly lower it towards your central chest, pausing about 1 inch above.
- Push the bar back upward towards the start position, and repeat.
- Avoid: Bouncing the bar off your chest, or resting the weight on your chest.
- Make sure you: Keep the bar above your chest, not above your neck or waist.
- Options to increase progresion: Increase the intensity loading weight light to moderate and the last set moderate to heavy.
Bench Deeps triceps: Weight (kg) 0 body-weights Reps 12-15 / Rest (10secs) Time (3sets)
- Great and simple way to start building your triceps to progress onto full freestyle dips
- Sit on a bench with your hands by your hips and feet hip-width apart in front of you.
- Push yourself off the bench supporting your weight slowly lower yourself down keeping your back close to the bench and elbows in by your side.
- When your arms reach a right angle position pause and push back up to the starting position, maintaining the same posture throughout
- Avoid: Letting your shoulders go below your elbows
- Make sure you: Keep your back close to the bench to
- Options to increase progresion: Full dips on dip machine, a weighted plate on your knee
Cable Row cable pusch Down: Weight (kg) light to moderate Reps 12-15/ Rest (10secs) Time (3sets)
- Great and simple way to start building your triceps size and strength and also great isolating exercise
- Standing in front of the cable machine with your feet in a hip-width position.
- Grasp the rope with a firm grip and keep your elbows tightly in by your sides. Pull the rope down towards your hips pausing when your arms are straight and then return back to the start of the exercise.
- Avoid: Allowing your elbows to come away from your side
- Make sure you: Maintain a good posture and tight core throughout
- Options to increase progresion: Over head extensions, single arm push down
Cardio Fat burn Workout Cross-trainer 10 minutes
- Provide a calorie-burning workout while remaining a low-impact exercise for your joints and are fairly simple to use.
- Familiarise yourself with the control panel before stepping onto the machine.
- Grasp the handrails and step onto the pedals.
- Begin pedalling slowly, then press the Start button.
- Set the resistance on the control panel.
- Enter the desired workout time if necessary.
- Use the arm bars to increase your heart rate and increase the workout intensity.
- Move each arm forward with the opposite leg, keeping your motion fluid.
- Keep your stomach muscles tights, your head up, and your shoulders back.
Cool Down and stretching
The Cuban Cardio always recommend consult your Doctor before start any Fitness Training Programme
Meal Plan Valentine's Day
Chicken Risotto Cuban Cardio Valentine's
- Preparation time 10-15minutes
- Cooking time 10 to 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- Stock cubes, chicken
- Basil, fresh
- Chicken Breast
- Cheese, Morzarrella or any other low fat cheese.
- Risotto Rice, weighed raw
- Red Peppers
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp mild olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, cut in half, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 250g/9oz arborio risotto rice
- 100ml/3½fl oz white wine, dry vermouth or water
- 1 litre/1¾ pints chicken stock cube, made with 1 stock cube
- 250g/9oz cooked leftover chicken, skin removed, cut into small pieces
- 200g/7oz frozen peas75g/2¾oz Morzarella or other hard low fat-style cheese, finely grated
- 25g/1oz butter
- sprinckle freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to colour.
- Add the risotto rice to the pan and stir well for 30-40 seconds, until the oil has coated the grains of rice.
- Pour in half of the wine and allow to bubble for 30-40 seconds, then add all of the stock and bring to the boil, stirring well. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the rice is almost tender and the risotto is creamy in appearance.
- Stir in the remaining wine, the chicken and the frozen peas, then continue to cook, stirring constantly, for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken and peas are heated through and the rice is tender with a slight bite.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the butter and cheese. Season with black pepper. Cover the pan with a lid and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
- Grana Padano cheese is similar in taste and style to Parmesan but it costs half as much, perfect for those on a budget.
- Adding half of the wine towards the end of the cooking time adds to the flavour of the finished dish.
- Even though all of the stock is added at once, it is still important to stir the risotto regularly as it cooks to achieve a creamy texture.