- What is Nordic Walks Fitness
- is fitness walking with specially designed poles. While trekkers, backpackers and skiers had been using the basic concept for decades, Nordic Walking was first formally defined with the publication of "Hiihdon lajiosa" (translation: "A part of cross-country skiing training methodic") by Mauri Repo in 1979. Works related to hijon at Wikisource.) Nordic Walking's concept was developed on the basis of off-season ski-training activity while using one-piece ski poles. For decades hikers and backpackers used their one-piece ski poles long before trekking and then Nordic walking poles came onto the scene. Ski racers lack of snow have always used and still do use their one-piece ski poles for ski walking and hill bounding.
- Compared to regular walking, Nordic walking also called pole walking involves applying force to the poles with each stride. Nordic walkers use more of their entire body with greater intensity and receive fitness building stimulation not present in normal walking for the chest, lats, triceps, biceps, shoulder, abdominals, spinal and other core muscles that may result in significant increases in heart rate at a given pace. Nordic walking has been estimated as producing up to a 46% increase in energy consumption, compared to walking without poles.
- The cadences of the arms, legs and body are, rhythmically speaking, similar to those used in normal, vigorous, walking. The range of arm movement regulates the length of the stride. Restricted arm movements will mean a natural restricted pelvic motion and stride length. The longer the pole thrust, the longer the stride and more powerful the swing of the pelvis and upper torso.
- Nordic Walking uses specially designed poles to enhance your natural walking experience. With a technique that is similar to the upper body action of classic cross country skiing, Nordic Walking becomes a genuinely whole body exercise that can be enjoyed at many levels, from walking for health to athletic Nordic running. More than 10 million people globally enjoy this outdoor activity all year round.
How will it benefit my body?
Nordic Walking combines the simplicity and accessibility of walking with simultaneous core and upper body conditioning similar to Nordic skiing. The result is a full body workout, which means that you:
- Burn up to 60% more calories compared to walking without poles
- Release tension in the neck and shoulders
- Improve your posture and gait
- Strengthen your back and abdominal muscles
- Reduce the impact on the joints
Is it great outdoor activity for you!:
Nordic Walking is a very accessible activity and something that can be shared by people of different fitness levels. It’s an ideal activity for people who haven’t exercised for a while or who dislike traditional sports or gym activities. An injured person can use the poles to support and guide, working to improve fitness as part of their rehabilitation. Athletes can use Nordic Walking for cross training and incorporate Nordic running. Community groups find it a sociable way to keep fit. If you’d like to shed a few kgs, then Nordic Walking is an enjoyable way to do this. It’s great for fitness enthusiasts who like to try and challenge new things and for those always looking new fitness forms anywhere, anytime. Whatever your age you’ll probably enjoy discovering the benefits that improve your quality of healthylife. Nordic walking provides a great opportunity to exercise outdoors, in green spaces, in the fresh air, in rural and urban locations. are enjoyable and offers a rewarding health and fitness benefits, and wellness lifestyle.
The Cuban Cardio Nordic Walking Fitness Body Transformation Programme is an enjoyble session for anyone, those relatively new to exercises wanting to lead walks, for people who have already been taught to Nordic Walk or for those who want to increases health and fitness benefits. You will:
- Learn to walk individual and in group Nordic Walks in a safe environment
- Learn to lead and motivate a group of Nordic Walkers
- Learn to lead a safe warm up and cool down
- Please contact us for the latest training dates. master class and Personal Trainining
- Nordic Walking is a safe, natural, dynamic, efficient and suitable-for-all form of a physical activity that trains the body in an holistic, symmetric and balanced way.
- Nordic Walking uses specially designed poles to enhance your natural walking experience. It is a fun and social activity that can be done in town or country throughout the year.
- Using Nordic Walking to improve public health. Nordic Walking as part of their national policy to improve health and well being, is now a national pastime in many countries. Community projects in the UK.
- Reduce the risk of Obesity, Active ageing, Cardiovascular, Mental health issues, Heart health awareness, Obesity in young people, Inactive communities, Stroke & Parkinson’s rehabilitation, Increasing participation in walking for health schemes
- Nordic Walking engages people who would not traditionally participate in any kind of exercise. in other words people enjoy Nordic Walking and so stick at it.
- Nordic Walking is sociable and can help to build a sense of community amongst the participants.
- Nordic Walking is great for the joints, increases the stability and works nearly all of the muscles in the body.
- Nordic Walking is taught in a way that develops improved walking and posture as well as good pole technique. The benefits to the body are more functional transfer into everyday life.
The way we teach Nordic Walking Fitness Method makes it very easy to learn and teach. If you are in need of any help or advice or want to improve health and fitness looking to add Nordic Walking Fitness then please contact us to talk through the training process, We offer Personal Training tailored health checks, body composition and fitness assessment, advise you on equipment, exercises and all the factors you need to consider when setting up a Body Transformation Nordic walking Fitness Programme.