Just follow his 7 tips:
- Wear tight clothes. It's hard to keep eating when your pants aren't expanding to accommodate.
- Be last in line at the buffet. A lot of those dishes will look a lot less appetizing after people have picked through them.
- Stay further than an arm's distance from the buffet. We tend to do a lot of mindless eating and will just grab things as we're having a conversation, so stay far enough away from the food that you can't do that.
- I would love to say "fill up on the healthier options" but I know that's not realistic, so I say that you get one plate to fill up with whatever you want. But after that one plate, you're done.
- Stick with wine spritzers at the bar or other drinks mixed with club soda. Club soda is your friend at a party because it stretches out your cocktails.
- If you put something on a cocktail napkin and it leaves a stain, toss it.
- Drink a glass of water between every cocktail. This will both help to keep you more full and reduce the amount of alcoholic beverages you consume.
Cuban Cardio holiday Present: 10-minute circuit workout that tones your abs and arms
The path to a toned, strong core isn't doing endless crunches, which only target a few of your many ab muscles. Rather, it’s best to combine a lean, healthy diet with a variety of abdominal moves that stabilize and engage all the muscles in your core, from the abs we know and desire to the smaller muscles that really help slim and define your waistline.
This 10-minute workout not only targets your core but also tones your arms for an added bonus!
Here's how it works:
- Start with Part 1, then move on to Part 2. And then repeat the entire circuit twice.
- Part 1: Apple pickers + Butt kickers
- The first part of the workout is comprised of apple pickers and butt kickers, two moves that are designed to get your heart rate going.
- Alternate between these two moves, first with 30 reps of each, then 20 and ending with 10.
- 30 apple pickers
- 30 butt kickers
- 20 apple pickers
- 20 butt kickers
- 10 apple pickers
- 10 butt kickers
- Apple picker workout
- Apple Pickers: Start with your arms up, then pull them down as you lift your leg. Right side + left side =one rep.
- Butt kickers workout
- Part 2:
- The second part of the workout is comprised of planks and jumping jacks, starting with the former and ending with the latter.
- Planks + Jumping Jacks
- 10 planks with leg raises (modification: to make it easier, don't lift your foot up)
- 30 jumping jacks (modification: do these with weights for extra burn, or skip the weights to make it easier)
Planks with leg raises
For maximum results, do this circuit three times a week, making sure you take days off in between, and get in some time on the treadmill or bike if you can.